Domestic Violence Survivor: “Unchain My Heart”
Domestic Violence Survivor: Unchain My Heart
Domestic violence, sometimes called domestic abuse, is reaching epidemic proportions and affects men, women and children of all races and social and economic levels. In order to stem the tide of domestic abuse we have to not only stop the abuse and protect the victims, we also have to understand what triggers the abuse so that the next generation of families can learn to live abuse-free.
This course is designed to help female survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence begin to envision a healthier, happier and more peaceful life. The course offers survivors information, platforms to vent, talk about issues, ways to plan for the future, resources, books and worksheets which can be used to gain some personal control and move away from chaos and stress. The course speaks to survivors at all stages of their healing journeys. Topics addressed include steps to take for success, Safety Measures for survivors to take, the relationship between self esteem and domestic violence, the relationship of domestic violence on children, addressing legal issues, moving on with relationships after abuse and more. Life Skills Academy welcomes your feedback.
BOOKS, ASSESSMENTS AND GUIDES INCLUDED IN THE COURSE:
- Domestic Violence and the Law in NC
- Domestic Violence and Stalking
- Relationship Scale
- Domestic Violence Custody Myths
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- But He’ll Change Book
By successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define domestic violence.
- Recognize signs of domestic violence.
- Describe the reasons why victims stay with abusers.
- Describe ways you can help victims of domestic abuse.
- Know the legal issues involved with domestic violence.
- Describe methods for keeping safe from domestic abuse.
- Describe the after-effects of domestic abuse.
- Know methods for helping domestic abuse survivors with life after abuse.
- Describe methods for stopping the cycle of abuse.
DO NOT HESITATE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FORUMS, LIVE CHAT, WEBINARS AND EVENT PLANNING