52 Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness Course
Welcome to our 52 hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness Course.
While taking these classes please take advantage of our Participant Communications:
Group Meetings: Many group sessions are scheduled for this class via our Webinars. Participants can attend online and interact with his/her instructor and other attendees and share experiences and feelings while developing tools to help participants learn to develop a non abusive response to behavior
Forums: Our Discussion Forums are open to participants 24/7. Participants go there to discuss courses, lessons, class content or anything they want.
Event Planner: If you have an event you would like to inform your fellow classmates about. Please use our event planner!
Chat: Chat with your instructors and counselors if you have any concerns.
The goal of these intervention programs is to:
- Relapse prevention skills
- Cognitive behavioral techniques
- Life, interpersonal, & relationship skills
- Self-regulation and stress tolerance
- Identifying triggers
- Identifying consequences of using
- Claiming personal ownership of alcohol or drug abuse/use
- Maintaining sobriety
- Refusal skills training
- Life skills training
- Relationship between substance abuse and domestic violence
- The impact of drug and alcohol use on your children
- Consequences of substance abuse
- Societal cost of drug and alcohol abuse
After you complete all classes you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
For your final assignment, you are required to Write a paper on how this Drug and Alcohol Course helped, impacted or changed your life.
To receive your certificate: Email your Final Assignment – The Name of your Class (example: Domestic Violence Survivor: “Unchain My Heart”) to: firstname.lastname@example.org along with YOUR NAME as you would like for it to appear on your certificate and the email address you would like your certificate sent to.
Module 1: Identifying Societal, Life, interpersonal, & relationship Consequences of Use
This module will cover the societal cost of illicit drug use - how drug use affects your personal and private life and the negative effects drug use has on interpersonal relationships.
- Lesson 1: Introduction/Short Quiz
- Lesson 2: Types of drugs/Quiz
- Lesson 3: Laws & Consequences/Quiz
- Lesson 4: Understanding the root of your substance use
- Lesson 5: Is it Drug Abuse or Drug Dependence? – What’s the Difference?/ Quiz
- Lesson 6: Respect Yourself and Others/Self Awareness Inventory
- Lesson 7: Alcohol/Other Drugs & Their Effects on the body and Health – Activity
- Lesson 8: Beginning the Change Process/Who Am I
- Lesson 9: Addiction Changes Your Personality – Activity
- Lesson 10: Why Do People Use Drugs?/Activity
- Lesson 11: Relationship Between Substance Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Lesson 12: The Impact of Drug and Alcohol use on Your Children (Part 1)/Worksheet
- Lesson 13: The Impact of Drug and Alcohol use on Your Children (Part 2)
- Lesson 14: When Other Family Members Use / Worksheet
- Lesson 16: Repairing Relationships
Module 3: Self Regulation, Triggers, Resolving Conflict, Refusal Skills, Emotions, Guilt and Shame
In This Module we will explore…Feeling, Self Regulation, Personal Ownership of Addiction, triggers, Resolving Conflict, Refusal Skills, Emotions, Guilt and Shame
- Lesson 27: Understanding and Controlling Depression & Feelings
- Lesson 28: Self-Regulation/Assessment
- Lesson 29: Claiming personal ownership of alcohol and/or drug abuse/use
- Lesson 30: Identifying external and Internal triggers/Questionnaire
- Lesson 31: Anger and Me/Test
- Lesson 32: Resolving Conflict/Effective negotiation/Self Assessment
- Lesson 33: Refusal skills/Worksheet
- Lesson 34: Thoughts, Emotions and Behavior/Worksheets
- Lesson 35: Guilt and Shame/Worksheets
- Lesson 36: Building Self Esteem – How The Brain Works/Self Esteem Quiz & What I Believe About Myself Quiz
Module 4: Getting Ready For Change
The process of change is difficult but it’s not mysterious. You begin at the beginning and learn what you need to learn, one piece at a time, just as the aspiring musician has to do.
- Lesson 37: Truthfulness – Trust/Questionnaire
- Lesson 38: Boundaries/Self Quiz
- Lesson 39: Emotional Self Awareness / Emotional Intelligence
- Lesson 40: Getting Serious about Change – Behaving positively towards your partners complaints
- Lesson 41: Getting Serious about Change – Identifying behavior choices other than getting High and Violence
- Lesson 42: Getting Serious about Change – Making a PLAN for Change
- Lesson 43: Imagine a Life Without Alcohol or Drugs/Exercise
- Lesson 44: Explore and Process Your Feelings about the Past/Exercise
- Lesson 45: Gaining Acceptance, Compassion and Forgiveness/Exercise
- Lesson 46: Focusing on the Positive You/Questionnaire
- Lesson 47: Relapse prevention skills/Workbook
- Lesson 48: Maintaining sobriety/Workbook
- Lesson 49: One Day at a Time
- Lesson 50: Drug Dreams During Recovery
- Lesson 51: Holidays and Recovery
- Lesson 52: FINAL ASSIGNMENT
0.00 average based on 0 ratings